Dino Muzzin, senior vice president of manufacturing operations at Emergent BioSolutions recently contributed to an editorial in Pharmtech.com discussing the importance of collaboration between innovators, manufacturing partners, and the entire supply chain when preparing for rapid scale-up of COVID-19 vaccine candidates.
In a recent article with BioProcess International, Syed T. Husain, senior vice president & CDMO business unit head at Emergent BioSolutions, discusses the critical role Emergent has in supporting the development & manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccine candidates.
6 min read
Emergent BioSolutions Signs Agreement with AstraZeneca to Expand Manufacturing for COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate
- Emergent will provide contract development and manufacturing services beginning in 2020 to produce drug substance at large scale for commercial supply
- Agreement is valued at approximately $174 million through 2021 and brings the total AstraZeneca commitment to $261 million
- Parties may enter into additional commercial manufacturing commitments as the candidate progresses over three years through Emergent’s flexible capacity deployment model
GAITHERSBURG, Md., July 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS) today announced that it has signed an agreement to provide contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services for large-scale commercial drug substance manufacturing for AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate, AZD1222. The agreement is valued at approximately $174 million through 2021 and follows an $87 million contract in June for development services, performance and process qualification, raw materials and an initial capacity reservation.
1 min read
Emergent will be participating in the Disease Prevention & Control Summit taking place virtually, July 28 - 29, 2020.
Dates: July 28 - 29, 2020
Location: Virtual Conference
Register for free here.
13 min read
Read the latest news coverage of Emergent's insights and involvement in the fight against COVID-19.
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 8, 2020
1 min read
Missed our presentation at the BioProcess International Theater during BIO Digital? BPI is hosting an encore event on July 8 & 9 with access to more than 30 scientific presentations, executive interviews, and panel discussions focusing on emerging therapies and technologies.
Register for free to listen to Emergent's on demand presentation: Solutions for Rapid Development and Manufacturing Responses to COVID-19 and Other Public Health Threats.
When: July 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM ET
Presenter: Richard W. Welch, PhD, Vice President, Development Services at Emergent BioSolutions
5 min read
Emergent BioSolutions Signs Five-Year Agreement for Large-Scale Drug Substance Manufacturing for Johnson & Johnson’s Lead COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate
- Emergent will provide contract development and manufacturing services beginning in 2021 to produce drug substance at large scale for commercial manufacturing with first two years valued at approximately $480 million
- For the remaining three years beginning in 2023, Emergent will provide a flexible capacity deployment model to support annual dose requirements
GAITHERSBURG, Md., July 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS) today announced a five-year manufacturing services agreement with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, for large-scale drug substance manufacturing for Johnson & Johnson’s investigational SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, Ad26.COV2-S, recombinant based on the AdVac® technology. Emergent will provide contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services to produce drug substance at large scale over five years, valued at approximately $480 million for the first two years.
Washington Wonk-FM's Stacy Lyn recently spoke to Emergent Executive Vice President, Manufacturing and Technical Operations Sean Kirk regarding the company's recent partnerships and ongoing efforts to support COVID-19 vaccine candidates.
Listen to the full interview here.
4 min read
Emergent BioSolutions to Invest $75 Million in Canton Site and Expand Viral Vector and Gene Therapy Capability
- Company acquires property adjacent to its Canton, Massachusetts live viral drug substance development and manufacturing facility to increase campus footprint and build out advanced therapy capability
- Advanced therapy CDMO drug substance manufacturing services expected to be available beginning in 2023
- Expansion will enable molecule-to-market CDMO services in viral vector and gene therapy utilizing Emergent’s integrated network with development services and drug product manufacturing to be offered out of its Gaithersburg and Rockville, Maryland facilities, respectively
GAITHERSBURG, Md., June 18, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Emergent BioSolutions (NYSE: EBS) today announced that it will further strengthen its contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) capabilities by expanding into viral vector and gene therapy. The company will invest $75 million in its Canton, Massachusetts facility, which is focused on the development and manufacturing of drug substance for live viral vaccines, including the company’s smallpox vaccine.
1 min read
Dino Muzzin, Senior Vice President, Manufacturing Operations at Emergent, recently contributed to an article in BioPharm International titled, Good Manufacturing Practices: Challenges with Compliance.
In this article, Muzzin and other industry experts discuss obstacles, best practices for compliance, and where further guidance may be needed to fill the gaps in GMPs.